Monday, September 12, 2011

Gordon-Levitt talks scale, secrecy



Joseph Gordon-Levitt was recently interviewed by Tribute to promote his new film 50/50, and he spoke about The Dark Knight Rises, in which he is playing John Blake.

You’ve done some small films like this; little gems but you’re also getting into movies like Inception and I know you’re filming The Dark Knight Rises. What do you like better?

Well, for me it isn’t so much about the size of the movie. I just want to work on stuff where I feel creatively inspired whether that’s like a movie like 50/50 or The Dark Knight Rises—they’re both creatively inspiring. I’m in both of them and get to work with artists that I really admire and love working with whether that’s Gary Oldman and Christian Bale or Seth Rogen and Anna Kendrick or whether it’s Chris Nolan or John Levine. I mean these are all artists I really respect and it’s true the movie I am working on right now is a huge, huge, huge movie and 50/50 is a smaller movie but I guess I have eclectic taste. I take equal inspiration from them both.

Yeah, I think that’s what success is in your business, though, having variety and versatility. Speaking of that huge, huge movie is there anything you can tell me about your character in The Dark Knight Rises?

Yeah, everyone asks me that but I can’t. The thing is Mr. Nolan is very, very considerate in every aspect of how he tells his stories and I really admire that about him. He’s very measured in exactly when he will reveal the next thing about his stories within the movie and leading up to the movie so I just wait for what he wants his audience to know.

50/50 is released on September 30. It is directed by Jonathan Levine (All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, The Wackness). The film is autobiographical, written by real-life cancer survivor Will Reiser. It is produced by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, who were behind films such as Knocked Up, Superbad, and Pineapple Express. The film stars Gordon-Levitt, Rogen, Anna Kendrick (Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, The Twilight Saga), Bryce Dallas Howard (Spider Man 3, Terminator: Salvation), and Angelica Huston (The Addams Family, The Darjeeling Limited).

No comments:

Post a Comment