Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Carbonell interview



Nestor Carbonell, who is reprising his role from The Dark Knight as Mayor Anthony Garcia, spoke about The Dark Knight Rises in an interview at the CW Premier party.

"I finished [filming] about a month ago in Pittsburgh. It was a lot of fun, it's nice to go back to Chris Nolan's world.

"He has announced that this is his last go at 'Batman' but yeah, if it is the last for him, he certainly goes out big. It's massive. What I saw of the sets was just unbelievable. When we were shooting a particular scene I snuck around to see the image on the dolly of what the D.P., Wally Pfister, Academy Award Winner [was shooting]. I looked and immediately thought, 'Wow, I see why he is who he is, it's beautifully framed, beautifully shot, half is on IMAX."


Carbonell goes on to talk about how Nolan has made a psychological thriller and not just a comic book movie.

"He's one of these amazing storytellers in our generation, he's one of the guys who's taken that genre and grounded it and done something with it that hasn't been done before. He's made it that much more real, much more accessible, and he's made a psychological thriller out of all of them, so he's great, he's amazing."


MTV then ask him if Garcia will see any more action this time around?

"It's really hard for me to say. I can't say, but it was great to re-team with a cast, the old guard," he said. "Great to see Mr Oldman, he's the man. You've seen the trailer, already you can tell the guy is unbelievable."

"Once I got the part, I thought, 'Wow, I've done mostly independent film and TV. I've never done a movie on this scale.'"

"Obviously, Christopher Nolan has done some great work. But, the set could not have been more warm, inviting and relaxed. It's the kind of environment he creates. Everyone jokes around and it's very loose. It's a pretty extraordinary working environment, given how intricate, involved and smart his films are. He has a very relaxed atmosphere, and he's very smart to do that. That's who he is."

"The true fan doesn't really want to know. You want to know, but you don't. I think it's great.

"I didn't get a script for The Dark Knight Rises, or even The Dark Knight."

No comments:

Post a Comment