Monday, September 12, 2011

Hardy and Cotillard interviews

Here is an excerpt of Tom Hardy's interview with The Guardian and Marion Cotillard's interview with Access Hollywood where they both discussed The Dark Knight Rises. Tom was promoting Warrior and Marion was promoting Contagion. Tom mentioned topics including his physical shape, Christian Bale, moving up in Hollywood and pissing on the shoes of critics. Marion talked about Christopher Nolan, Steven Soderbergh, her three-month-old baby Marcel and her germ phobia.



"We thought the refusal to be photographed was because his body looks different now he is shooting as Bane from how it looked in Warrior, the film he's promoting today. "Well, I'm metamorphosing my character as best I can and because I'm not Christian Bale, it's difficult." I tell Hardy of a charming story in which Christian Bale, who plays Batman opposite Hardy in The Dark Knight Rises, told an interviewer he would like to "piss on the shoes" of a critic who had commented on his "trademark weight-loss" acting. "Why would he want to piss on anyone's shoes?" asks Hardy sensibly. Maybe he could ask him on the set of The Dark Knight Rises when they're not comparing muscles. "Don't think I'll be doing that."

Does he feel as sensitive as Bale to journalists writing about his body? "Not yet. At the moment it's a way of identifying me. That's how people initially identified Christian Bale. Who's he? He's that bloke whose ribs you saw. Then he's that bloke who swore at the DOP. Then he's that bloke who was great in The Machinist."

His PR minder enters, insisting we wind up. Maybe he will feel differently when he is more established. Maybe you'll be duffing up interviewers and ruining their footwear. "Maybe. I have to make my bones with Hollywood to get in. And when I do maybe I'll metamorphose from Mr Muscles or whatever it is I am now and become an irascible tosser." I'm just glad to get out of the room with dry shoes and no black eye."

No comments:

Post a Comment