Monday, September 19, 2011

Gordon-Levitt responds to Robin rumours



While promoting 50/50, Joseph Gordon-Levitt commented on rumours that his character John Blake will turn out to be Robin in The Dark Knight Rises:

"You know I can't have this conversation, man. I can't have this conversation."

"You know, we're working on a Batman movie. Batman is a very dear character that precedes the recent Chris Nolan trilogy. I think it's cool that people care a lot about it and are very interested in what we're doing."

He also stated his desire to play Batman:

“I love Batman. When I was like four-years-old my mom sewed me my first Batman suit and I have been a fan ever since.

“I don’t think I still have my suit but I would love to play Batman were I not playing my character.”

It has been stated as far back as 2005 that Robin will not be included in Christopher Nolan's films. Nolan himself said:

"This is a young Batman, so Robin's a few films....not for a few pictures anyway. Dick Grayson's still in a crib somewhere. I seriously doubt I will even be involved when Robin's in the franchise"

Christian Bale said:

“If Robin crops up in one of the new Batman films, I’ll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work.”

No comments:

Post a Comment