Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hardy on how he got the part


In a recent interview with Collider, Tom Hardy spoke about how he got the part of Bane in The Dark Knight Rises:

Collider:Mr. Hardy, a friend of suggested that your deltoids should get its own credit because it is the mass and shape of a separate character. All kidding aside, is it fun or creepy to do that science fair kind of stuff of “I’m only going to eat chicken and broccoli and lift weights. Let’s see what kind of monster I can be.” Is that fun or is it just terrifying?

Hardy: [laughs] The novelty wears off. Initially it was good fun and then you settle in for the tour and the tour is a few months. By the end of Warrior I went on to Inception and it was really nice to just wear a pair of silk pants, a silk shirt, get a sun tan, and to just lay down and sleep a lot. I didn’t have to get beaten up anymore for awhile. But now Chris [Nolan] has asked me to come back and go through the whole thing again of the chicken and broccoli. [laughs] I’m banished with more chicken and broccoli. It’s good fun but at the same time one has to be concerned about their body.

Collider:There must have been many offers after Bronson.

Hardy: When Bronson came out CAA took me on. CAA took me on just as we did Warrior. Bronson came out and it was a great calling card actually for other things. Funny enough, Chris Nolan has never watched Bronson.

Collider:How did he cast you then?

Hardy: He liked me from RocknRolla actually. [laughs] I played the gay getaway driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment