Thursday, October 6, 2011

Modine interview



Matthew Modine, who plays Nixon, recently spoke to Province writer Glen Schafer to promote his experimental short film Jesus was a Commie. During this interview, he also talked about The Dark Knight Rises.

GS: Are you planning to come up for the screening?

MM: I'm still hoping there will be a change in the schedule. I'm working on The Dark Knight Rises. This is my third city now on the film. I was in Pittsburgh and London. They've done six cities, they've been in India, Scotland, Wales, London, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles and we finish in New York. Christopher Nolan is arguably one of the best filmmakers working today, and what he has is an extraordinary team of technicians and artists working with him, and he just keeps getting ahead of schedule, so things keep moving forward, the schedule keeps changing.

GS: I have to ask -- who do you play in The Dark Knight Rises?

MM: Yeah, I can't tell you. I had to sign three non-disclosure agreements: one to read my part, one to read the script, and one to not discuss anything that takes place on the set. Other than to say that it's extraordinary working with Nolan. The other actors from top to bottom -- Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Anne Hathaway -- everybody is bringing their A-game, everybody wants to be there, there's not a knucklehead on the set.

GS: Do you know when it wraps?

MM: We'll be finished in November in New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment