Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hans Zimmer talks score



Hans Zimmer, who wrote the score for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and will return for The Dark Knight Rises, has spoken about his plans for the film.

Zimmer, who also scored Christopher Nolan's Inception, said: "Chris and I do work really well together. He is my guardian angel when it comes to my music. He protects it tremendously and makes sure it gets heard."

In the sleeve notes of the Inception soundtrack, Nolan wrote that Zimmer "never lets practical realities limit his belief in the power of ideas". Zimmer comments: "Reality is so overrated! If you have an idea and you are surrounded by talented people - which I am - you can usually pull it off. And if you can't pull it off, we have a rule at my studio, which is execute plan B flawlessly."

Zimmer spoke about the influences and technique he will use on the third Batman film: "I've been listening to a lot of Verdi lately, and Alison Goldfrapp, and a lot of electronica as I'm heading into Dark Knight territory again. I've been in the studio trying out ideas. I'm embarrassingly far advanced. I sent Chris some stuff the other day and he thought it was really unusual that I wasn't holding the whole thing up.
Of course I'll try to make it different, but I'm not going to abandon the musical language of the previous film. It's a matter of knocking down some walls and making it broader, wider and more epic."

No comments:

Post a Comment