Sunday, June 19, 2011

Michael Caine talks The Dark Knight Rises secrecy, says plot is "extraordinary",



Michael Caine recently did an interview with Steve "Frosty" Weintraub of Collider to promote Cars 2, and briefly spoke about The Dark Knight Rises, where he spoke about secrecy, the plot and Christopher Nolan:

Collider: A lot of us are excited to see you returning as Alfred in The Dark Knight Rises. I know Mr. Nolan is very guarded about the story, but can you at least tell us how filming has been going so far?

Caine: It’s fantastic. I started filming last week and I film next week. As the butler, I do a load of filming at the beginning, and everybody goes off and does all the adventures and they all come home shot to pieces and I patch them together when they all get back. Christopher Nolan, I think, is one of the greatest directors in the world and I’ve been lucky enough…this is my fifth movie with him. It’s such a pleasure to work with him and he’s so clever. We’ve all signed the Official Secrets Act. I’m lucky to be able to tell you the title of the movie. I remember I did an interview and someone said to me, “What are you doing next?” I said, “I’m doing Batman.” I saw Chris and he said, “Why did you tell them you were doing Batman?” I said, “Because I am.” He said, “You’re supposed to keep it secret.” I said, “I couldn’t keep that a secret.” Let me tell you…the plot is extraordinary…really extraordinary. I know why he wants to keep it a secret. You really need not to know till you see the movie.

Frosty put particular significance on this quote:

"I do a load of filming at the beginning, and everybody goes off and does all the adventures and they all come home shot to pieces and I patch them together when they all get back."

He believes this may have been a spoiler, that Batman may have an accomplice in this film. This has been a theory among fans for some time, with Catwoman (Anne Hathaway) seen as the most likely candidate. It is known that it's definetly not Robin, as Nolan feels he wouldn't fit into the dark tone of the series and Christian Bale threatened to leave if Robin was ever introduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment