Thursday, June 23, 2011

Anne Hathaway talks Catwoman costume and training


Anne Hathaway recently spoke to the Swedish website Nojes Bladet, briefly discussing her role as Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises.

She revealed that she was one of many who went for the part: "Chris Nolan tested dozens of girls. I got the audition and then I just had to sit at home and wait for him to decide."

She spoke of her awareness of comparisons to previous actresses who played the role, such as Michelle Pfeiffer, Halle Berry and Eartha Kitt:

""It makes you work harder. I am taking a chance that something may not work but there is a certain satisfaction that, at the end of the day, I did everything I could."

She also spoke about the dozen costumes she has torn and the amount of physical training the part requires:

"Yes, really. That's a little embarrassing. It's a bit personal. I'd rather talk about my acting than my training."

No comments:

Post a Comment