Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New Catwoman info, pics and vids

Anne Hathaway has spoken about playing Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises.



"Honestly, wait until you see this movie. It's going to be marvellous and it's going to be way beyond what anyone imagines it could be."

"The thing that's most wonderful about Chris is that he's the most successful filmmaker in Hollywood - yet his movies aren't Hollywood. It feels like you're making an indie. He's actually a really alternative filmmaker. He just happens to have like a seven-billion-dollar budget!"

"You can't imagine the things that he's doing. At least, I couldn't until I read the script!"

"A lot of questions that I used to get asked were, 'So, every girl when she grows up wants to be a princess, did you want to be a princess when you grew you. And I so wish I'd said what I felt back then, because the truth was, 'No, I wanted to be Catwoman!' And now I am... That dream came true, for sure."

"So many great women have worn [the costume] before me. It's an honor to don the suit."

The casting process for The Dark Knight Rises was Chris met with a bunch of girls to have a general [reading]. And then he culled the list down three-and-a-half months later to do screen tests. So everyone with XX chromosomes [women] in Hollywood was sitting on pins and needles for three-and-half months.

Then I understood he screen-tested a few of us. He tested on a Thursday, and I think the [2011] Golden Globes were that Sunday. And I didn’t mean to, but wherever I went, I just kept bumping into Chris. "I swear I’m not stalking you. I’m not trying to force your hand. I’m not reading anything into anything." But it was really nice because a bunch of people I had screen-tested with, like Wally [Pfister] the DP [director of photography] and Jordan [Goldberg] the producer — they were all nominated for Inception. I saw them that night, and they all made a point of coming up to me to tell me how well I did.

So I thought it had gone well, but you never want to get your hopes up too high. And so a few days later, I was back in Brooklyn, my manager called me, and she goes, "Meow." And I was like "Ha ha! Oh no, wait! Really?" And she said, "Yes." And I just celebrated! Celebrated! It was one of the best days of my life."

"They've given me a martial arts exercise that I have to do all the time to teach me grace and proper stance and fluid movement. It looks so gentle, but when you're actually doing fight choreography it's "Oh my gosh, that's actually a block." Oh, I'm hitting somebody's throat right now. It's been a lot of fun, it's been a new challenge. I'd really like to do a lot more of it. It's not something I ever thought I'd do."

"Honestly, and I don't mean to sound arrogant-- like a fish to water. I adore it. I absolutely love it. It's kind of for me the difference between cooking and baking. Acting is more like cooking, where you're like "How does this taste?"--you've got to feel it a little more. Baking, you put a cup of flour in there, and everything's going to turn out ok. If you measure correctly and make it with love it's going to be delicious. And that's what I love about action, there's noticeable results. Do this many sit-ups and you'll be able to get your leg higher. And I'm probably able to have such a nice time because my stunt team is off the hook amazing. My stunt double is the coolest, toughest, sweetest woman I've ever met."

"No, no one's nervous about it. I mean, honestly, like, wait till you see this movie. Chris is doing insane things in it. And it's gonna be marvelous and it's gonna be way beyond what anyone imagines that it could be. You can't imagine the things that he's doing, at least I couldn't until I read the script and I was like, 'You're really? Okay, you're going there!' And it's Chris Nolan; even the picture that he released of me, that's not everything. That's like a tenth of what the catsuit is. And I've got to say, I find it frustrating and I know he finds it frustrating, but I also think that he's having fun with it, kind of like spooning out secrets. He has a lot more control than you think."










No comments:

Post a Comment