Monday, August 1, 2011

Hardy talks Bane, Joker and more


Tom Hardy talked about a number of different Batman-related topics in a recent interview:

On Nolan calling him:

‘Hang on a minute. You’re asking me to come round the world with you in a Batman movie, playing a villain, and the only downside to it is I have to wear a mask? Hmmm, let me think. I’ll get back to you… No, I’m fucking there, man! Anything you need.’”

On whether Bane will break Batman's back:

“Mmmmm… Good lead-in, but all I can say is that Chris has a plan up his sleeve that’s not at all disappointing. And that is a definite choice that’s watertight in every respect. I think Bane’s fucking cool so I’m really excited to play him. It’s not the guy in Joel Schumacher’s film, but it shouldn’t disappoint fanboys…”

On any pressure of following Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker:

"No, none at all. Brilliant actor, brilliant work – that’s it. I’ve got a job to do. It’s the same with Mad Max & Mel Gibson. I’m not here to engage in a competition with their talent. It’s to play the character that I’m given.”

On Bane's mask:

“Any time you put something over your face, you’re going to adopt a personality and a physicality that has nothing to do with acting. It allows a performance to be free.”

No comments:

Post a Comment